AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NIWeek -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced the NI Single-Board RIO GPIC, which provides a standard RIO architecture for smart, grid-tied power conversion systems with a comprehensive NI LabVIEW system design toolchain that significantly reduces the cost and risk of embedded system design. This product reflects the ongoing investments by NI R&D to revolutionize the design, testing and large-scale deployment of new digital energy conversion systems. The new system provides a standard set of analog and digital I/O and 58 DSP cores embedded in the FPGA fabric to meet the specific control, I/O, performance and cost needs of most smart-grid power electronics applications, including DC-to-AC, AC-to-DC, DC-to-DC and AC-to-AC converters for flexible AC transmission systems, renewable energy generation, energy storage and variable speed drive applications.
"NI programming tools actually allow engineers to program the control strategy at the FPGA level, which is the clear path for the future," said Dr. Bill Kramer, acting R&D manager for energy systems integration technology at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. "Imagine yourself being able to write multiple control strategies that run in parallel to create new power electronics designs than can be reconfigured at the hardware level after years of deployment on the grid."
NI Single-Board RIO GPIC Features
- Prevalidated, deployment-ready embedded system with complete set of analog and digital I/O for rapid deployment of advanced FPGA-based power electronics control systems
- Comprehensive graphical system design toolchain with high-fidelity power electronics circuit simulator for rapid development and verification of user-defined LabVIEW FPGA control algorithms
- 58 DSP core hardware parallel Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA that outperforms typical dual-core DSPs by a factor of 40x, 24x and 10x, with regards to performance per dollar, per chip and per watt, respectively
- Embedded 400 MHz PowerPC processor with VxWorks real-time OS supports smart-grid networking protocols DNP3, IEC 60870-5 and IEC 61850, onboard COMTRADE (IEEE 37.111) data logging, and standard three-phase IEC, EN and IEEE power quality analysis
- NI Single-Board GPIC Overview: http://www.ni.com/gpic/
- Product Page: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210889/
- Power Electronics Development Center: www.ni.com/powerdev
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV