Fifth Third's shares closed at $13.77 Wednesday, returning 14% year-to-date, following an 11% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 1.2 times their reported June 30 tangible book value of $11.89, and for nine times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $1.54 a share. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is also $1.58.
Based on a quarterly payout of eight cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.32%.Konrad rates Fifth Third "Outperform," with a price target of $16, saying "we still believe the stock offers a compelling story at these levels as it offers strong profitability metrics with a [pre-tax, pre-provision for loan losses] ROA north of 2.0% yet still trades at a discount to peers on 2012 estimates (9.0x vs. 9.9x) and 2013 estimates (8.9x vs. 10.1x)." Interested in more on Fifth Third Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV