CLACKAMAS, Ore., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- (NASDAQ: YRCW) -- Four professional drivers will represent Reddaway at the 2012 National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC) in Minneapolis, Minn., August 7-11.
To qualify for the national competition, drivers must place first in their respective class at state contests and maintain accident-free safety records the preceding year. This year four Reddaway drivers earned state titles to advance to the national event: Scott Colwell, Idaho, sleeper; Tracy Dewees, California, twins; Joe Kwiatkowski, Utah, flatbed; and Scott Rideout, Nevada, twins.
The NTDC is an annual competition of professional truck drivers hosted by the American Trucking Associations. This year marks the 75th anniversary of the event. The NTDC will test more than 400 drivers on many levels including skill behind the wheel, knowledge of safety rules and regulations, and the ability to spot safety hazards during a pre-trip inspection. The NTDC is a competitive event, but it's also a fun-filled, family activity celebrating the achievements of professional drivers and safety."The Reddaway drivers who qualified for the NTDC have proven themselves to be among the nation's most professional and safest drivers. We encourage all of our drivers to use driving competitions to sharpen their safety skills and congratulate all who participated this year. Competing makes them safer professionals. The dedication of our drivers to safety is the reason Reddaway leads the industry in next-day transit, damage-free deliveries, and on-time performance," said TJ O'Connor, Reddaway president. Reddaway safety-conscious drivers who competed in local state driving championships this year are:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV