Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. (NYSE: ELS) (the " Company") today announced that it has commenced an offer (the " Offer") to acquire all of the 8,000,000 outstanding shares of its 8.034% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock, par value $0.01 per share (the " Series A Shares").
For each Series A Share that the Company will acquire pursuant to the Offer, the Company will exchange consideration comprised of (i) one newly issued depositary share (each a " Depositary Share") representing 1/100 th of a share of its newly created 6.75% Series C Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock, par value $0.01 per share (each a " Series C Share") with a liquidation value equal to $25.00 per Depositary Share, plus (ii) cash in an amount equal to the amount of unpaid dividends accrued on such tendered Series A Share through and including the Expiration Date. Dividends on the Series C Shares (and, therefore the Depositary Shares) to be issued pursuant to the Offer will accrue from the calendar day after the Expiration Date, regardless of the actual date of issuance.
The Series C Shares as represented by the Depositary Shares are substantially the same as the Series A Shares, except that:
- The Company will not have the right to call the Series C Shares (and, therefore, the Depositary Shares) for redemption until September 7, 2017 (a no-call period of approximately five years, as compared to the Series A Shares , which are callable for redemption at any time), except upon certain transactions involving a change in control of the Company;
- The dividend rate on the Series C Shares as represented by the Depositary Shares will be 6.75% (as compared to 8.034% on the Series A Shares); and
- There are certain other minor differences described in the Offer to Exchange dated August 9, 2012 (the " Offer to Exchange").
The Offer will expire at midnight, New York City Time, on September 7, 2012, unless extended or terminated by us.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV