- Portfolio management: Cabot completed its acquisition of Norit, the world’s leading producer of activated carbons. This will strengthen Cabot’s specialty chemicals portfolio with a non-cyclical, high growth and high margin business and will increase its capabilities in the sustainability space. It also places Cabot as a leading provider of purification solutions.
- Environmental performance: Cabot invested more than $35 million in fiscal year 2011 on environmentally-related capital projects to improve efficiency and maintain regulatory compliance. These projects helped to make progress on our goal of a 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emission intensity by 2020, using 2005 as a baseline.
- Training and development: Cabot launched several training programs to help improve leadership skills, provide guidance to our employees for conducting our business ethically and in compliance with the law, and establish a renewed set of corporate values.
- Employee safety: Cabot maintained one of the best safety records among global manufacturing organizations with a 2011 Total Recordable Incident Rate (which is the total number of incidents per 200,000 hours worked) of 0.31. We continue to invest in improving our process safety management by focusing on operational improvements and risk reduction.
- Sustainable development and innovation: Cabot created new product and process applications that are contributing to sustainability advances in several industries, including renewable energy, sustainable development and transportation. Cabot is focused on product innovation and process improvements that can reduce the impact on the environment.
- Community outreach: Over the past year, Cabot donated more than $1.9 million in direct and in-kind support to a wide-range of programs aimed to improve science and technology literacy, and enhance community health and human services.
- External recognitions: Cabot was recognized for its sustainability efforts by being included in the Calvert Social Index®, ranked a “leader” in the Maplecroft Climate Innovation Indexes (CII) Cycle 3, as well as named one of the 2012 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility ( CR) Magazine.
Sustainability Matters: Cabot Corporation's 2011/2012 Sustainability Update (Photo: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.