is making it easier for its prepaid card customers to save for the future with the new
Regions Now Savings
account. Available exclusively to primary accountholders of a
Regions Now Card
– a general purpose reloadable Visa® prepaid card – the Regions Now Savings account offers these customers the opportunity to earn both monthly and annual savings bonuses.
“We want to ensure that all of our customers have access to the products, services and financial advice that can help them develop good savings habits,” explains Scott Peters, senior executive vice president and head of Consumer Services at Regions Financial. “For many customers, our Now Banking suite of products is the entry point for a banking relationship with Regions and this account is designed to help our Now Card customers save for a rainy day.”
Regions Now Savings account customers enjoy a number of benefits and rewards for saving, including:
- Special bonus rate feature: Customers earn a 1 percent annual savings bonus based on a consistent monthly deposit of at least $5 to the account ($100 maximum for the annual savings bonus);
- Special builder bonus feature: Customers earn $1 each month they make at least a $5 deposit to the account and have no withdrawals;
- Free online banking and online statements; and
- No monthly fee and no minimum balance requirement.
In addition, all Regions Now Card customers receive an invitation to participate in a series of complimentary online
courses covering topics including saving, budgeting, and consumer credit.
The Regions Now Savings account is the newest addition to the bank’s suite of
Regions Now Banking
services, which also include check cashing, Western Union® money transfer and bill payment services; and a general purpose reloadable Visa® prepaid card. Regions Now Banking is available in all Regions Bank branch locations and is integrated into the company’s
platform and ATM network.
Regions offers many tools to help customers save time, save money, and save for the future. In addition to a broad selection of savings accounts, the
Regions Savings Center
on regions.com helps customers take charge of their finances and have fun with tools such as a personal savings review, a savings goal tracker, a savings game, budgeting tips, and original articles on personal finance topics.
*1 This is a limited transaction account. Regulatory limit of six (6) transfers or payments (preauthorized, automatic, by telephone, or from a personal computer) including drafts, checks, debit card, or similar order (including POS transactions) payable to a third party from your savings account per statement cycle. The preauthorized or automatic transactions may be initiated by Telephone Banking, Regions Online Banking, or standing order. See pricing schedule for full details.