ORBCOMM Inc. (Nasdaq: ORBC), a global satellite data communications company focused on two-way Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
The following financial highlights are in thousands of dollars, except per share amounts.
|Three months ended June 30,||Six months ended June 30,|
|Net Income (loss) attributable to ORBCOMM Inc. Common Stockholders||$1,865||$(541)||$4,255||$(1,272)|
|Net Income (loss) per Common Share||$0.04||$(0.01)||$0.09||$(0.03)|
|Adjusted EBITDA (2,3)||$4,022||$1,747||$8,231||$2,546|
(1) EBITDA is defined as earnings attributable to ORBCOMM Inc. before interest income (expense), provision for income taxes and depreciation and amortization.
(2) Adjusted EBITDA is defined as EBITDA, adjusted for stock-based compensation expense, loss on disposition of other investment in Alanco, and noncontrolling interests.(3) A table presenting EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA, reconciled to GAAP Net Income (Loss), is among other financial tables at the end of this release. Highlights:
- For the second quarter of 2012, Total Revenues increased 51% to $16.3 million, and Service Revenues increased 38% year-over-year to $12.4 million. Adjusted EBITDA for the period was $4.0 million, up from $1.7 million during the same three months last year. ORBCOMM reported EPS of $0.04 for the second quarter of 2012 compared to a loss of ($0.01) for the comparable period last year.
- For the second quarter of 2012, net subscriber additions were 26,000. ORBCOMM had 715,000 billable subscriber communicators at June 30, 2012, compared to 606,000 at the end of the second quarter last year. The base of billable subscribers increased 18% year-over-year.
- ORBCOMM’s AIS service was selected to be the sole provider by the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA), through ORBCOMM’s partner LuxSpace, awarding a multi-year framework contract to provide satellite-based Automatic Identification System (AIS) data used for ship tracking and maritime navigation safety efforts.
- Our prototype ORBCOMM Generation 2 (OG2) satellite completed several significant milestones, including the most critical environmental tests. We anticipate the satellite will be shipped to Cape Canaveral over the next few weeks to be attached to a Falcon 9 rocket and launched in October. When the OG2 constellation is fully deployed, ORBCOMM will be able to provide multiple new data offerings and we expect its superior service will result in a substantial expansion of ORBCOMM’s addressable markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV