USEC Inc. (NYSE: USU) today announced that Robert Warther has been named deputy program manager for the American Centrifuge research, development and demonstration (RD&D) program. The board of managers of American Centrifuge Demonstration, LLC, a subsidiary responsible for running the RD&D program, approved Warther’s selection at its initial meeting on August 3. Warther will report to Paul Sullivan, who is serving as the program manager for the RD&D program.
Also at its initial meeting, the board of managers selected Luis Reyes as its chairman. Reyes is the former executive director for operations at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Warther most recently served as vice president of environmental management at B&W Y-12 in Oak Ridge, Tenn., where he was responsible for seven nuclear clean-up projects. Warther also spent nearly a decade with the Department of Energy working on a variety of nuclear projects. He previously served as a lieutenant in the United States Navy nuclear submarine service and holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Cornell University, a Master of Business Administration from The Citadel and a master’s degree in mechanical engineering from Virginia Tech.
“Bob has had a distinguished career executing high profile, large-scale nuclear projects. Not only has he had great success in completing his projects on time, but he brought them in under budget,” said Sullivan, who also serves as USEC’s vice president for American Centrifuge and chief engineer. “When our strategic partners joined us, we looked forward to tapping into their expertise to help us successfully complete the American Centrifuge project. Bob is the latest example of that relationship, and he is a welcome addition to our project leadership team.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV