PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The board of directors of Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.08 per share on the corporation's common shares and $0.75 per share on its $3.00 Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock Series A. The dividend on the common stock will be payable November 1, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business on October 10, 2012. The dividend on the corporation's Series A Preferred Stock will be payable December 5, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 14, 2012.
The board of directors also approved an increase to the corporation's authority to repurchase its securities bringing the total repurchase authority up to $1 billion. Under this authority and without further announcement, the corporation may repurchase securities in such amounts at such times, as it deems appropriate. Purchases may be made on the various stock exchanges, by block trades, in privately negotiated transactions, or by other means. The repurchase authority does not have a termination date.
About Lincoln Financial GroupLincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. With headquarters in the Philadelphia region, the companies of Lincoln Financial Group had assets under management of $168 billion as of June 30, 2012. Through its affiliated companies, Lincoln Financial Group offers: annuities; life, group life, disability and dental insurance; 401(k) and 403(b) plans; savings plans; and comprehensive financial planning and advisory services.
For more information, including a copy of our most recent SEC reports containing our balance sheets, please visit www.LincolnFinancial.com.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20050830/LFLOGO )
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV