DRAPER, Utah, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. (OTCBB: FLXT) today announced that it is working with industry partners to develop complete, turnkey solutions for seat occupancy systems that could be implemented in everything from buses to theaters. The company has received renewed interest in these systems recently from several different entities, and has decided to take on a more direct role in development and productization.
Flexpoint has worked with partners on similar systems in the past, but only as a supplier of sensor technology. With new sales manager Troy Buys, Flexpoint is now looking to take on a direct role in both development and sales of its own system. These efforts will be both supplemental, and in addition to the efforts of our partners.
Flexpoint lead engineer David Beck anticipates that the systems should be relatively easy to develop, as much of the most important development work has already been completed for other projects. The key now will be to find the best partner to complete the work.
The occupancy detection effort is part of the company's overall shift in focus toward sales and marketing."We have seen an urgent demand for occupancy systems over the years, but we have not been able to offer a full, turnkey-style solution in the past," said Flexpoint CEO Clark Mower. "As part of our reinvigorated sales effort, we are taking the lead on projects like these to ensure that this demand is being met. We feel our experience and skill ideally situate us to provide reliable, accurate solutions to occupancy detection needs. We have had discussions with partners who have indicated an interest in participating in this process." About Flexpoint Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc., (OTCBB: FLXT), is a leading supplier of thin film sensing technology to many industries, including automotive, medical, industrial controls, and consumer products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV