- Consolidated revenues were $645.9 million, an increase of 3.8 percent compared to $622.5 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Wendy’s ® North America Company-operated restaurants generated a same-store sales increase of 3.2 percent. This is the fifth consecutive quarter of positive same-store sales. Franchise same-store sales in North America also increased 3.2 percent during the quarter.
- Company-operated restaurant margin was 14.1 percent, a 20 basis-point improvement compared to 13.9 percent in the second quarter of 2011. Same-store sales growth and a favorable product mix drove the margin improvement. Offsetting this positive impact were higher labor costs as the Company invested in its “My Wendy’s” customer service initiative to improve the consumer experience, as well as higher commodity and paper costs.
- Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations was $89.1 million, compared to $89.4 million in the second quarter of 2011. See “Disclosure Regarding Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below for a reconciliation of the non-GAAP measures (i.e., Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations and Adjusted Earnings Per Share from continuing operations) included herein.
- Primarily as a result of a $25.2 million pretax charge from the early extinguishment of debt, the Company reported a net loss from continuing operations of $5.5 million. This compares to net income from continuing operations of $11.4 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted Earnings Per Share from continuing operations were $0.05 for both the second quarter of 2012 and the second quarter of 2011.
- The Company reported a loss per share from continuing operations of $0.01, compared to earnings per share from continuing operations of $0.03 in the second quarter of 2011.
The Wendy’s Company Reports 2012 Second-Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.