Local Motors, in partnership with Domino’s Pizza (NYSE:DPZ), announced today the first phase of a five-stage competition to create the ultimate pizza delivery vehicle. Domino’s, the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, has engaged the Local Motors global community of designers, fabricators, engineers and enthusiasts to help them revolutionize pizza delivery. The Domino’s Ultimate Delivery Vehicle Challenge, powered by Local Motors, will launch through the Forge at LocalMotors.com on Monday.
The first competition will be a 5-week Design Competition, running from August 13 through September 23, in which the concept, overall look and feel for the vehicle will be defined. Complete competition details will be outlined in a comprehensive design brief and video released by Local Motors on Monday.
“The Local Motors Community of over 18,000 enthusiasts, established in the principles of open source and co-creation, generates vehicles of the future,” said Jay Rogers, Local Motors CEO and co-founder. “We are excited to partner with Domino’s Pizza to design a worldwide, game-changing delivery experience for its customers by co-creating the Ultimate Delivery Vehicle.”
The competition will engage Domino’s customers and members of the Local Motors Forge in five phases of competition that will conclude in February 2013, culminating in a prototype production of the world’s first ultimate pizza delivery vehicle.Competition Schedule
- Design: Begins August 13; ends September 23
- Packaging: Begins October 30; ends November 12
- Interior: Begins November 27; ends December 11
- Surfacing: Begins January 8, 2013; ends January 22, 2013
- Rendering: Begins February 5, 2013; ends February 19, 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts