Larry McAfee, Chief Financial Officer, noted, “The Company’s receivables collections have continued to be good as we have reduced the average days outstanding from 48 days as of year end 2011 to 45 days at the end of the second quarter. Despite an acquisition during the second quarter, plus an increase earlier in the year in the Company’s quarterly dividend, the strong free cash flow from operations has enabled us to reduce our credit line borrowings year-to-date.”
Management Raises 2012 Earnings Guidance
Management raised its earnings guidance for the Company for 2012 to an expected range of $17.7 million to $18.4 million in net income and $1.49 to $1.55 in diluted earnings per share. This earnings guidance range represents projected net income from existing operations and excludes potential future acquisitions.
The Company does not provide quarterly earnings guidance. The guidance figures for the year 2012 may not be updated again unless there is a material development that causes management to believe that earnings will be significantly outside the given range.
U.S. Physical Therapy Declares Quarterly Dividend
The Company announced that a regular quarterly dividend of $0.09 per share will be paid on September 7, 2012 to shareholders of record as of August 20, 2012.
Second Quarter Conference Call
U.S. Physical Therapy's management will host a conference call at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time, 9:30 a.m. Central Time, on Thursday, August 9, 2012 to discuss the Company’s Quarter and Six Months Ended June 30, 2012 results. Interested parties may participate in the call by dialing 1-888-335-5539 or 973-582-2857 and enter reservation number 10349774 approximately 10 minutes before the call is scheduled to begin. To listen to the live call via web-cast, go to the Company's website at
at least 15 minutes early to register, download and install any necessary audio software. The conference call will be archived and can be accessed for approximately 90 days at this website.
This press release contains statements that are considered to be forward-looking within the meaning under Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements contain forward-looking information relating to the financial condition, results of operations, plans, objectives, future performance and business of our Company. These statements (often using words such as “believes”, “expects”, “intends”, “plans”, “appear”, “should” and similar words) involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those we project. Included among such statements are those relating to new clinics, availability of personnel and the reimbursement environment. The forward-looking statements are based on our current views and assumptions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of certain risks, uncertainties, and factors, which include, but are not limited to:
- changes in Medicare guidelines and reimbursement or failure of our clinics to maintain their Medicare certification status;
- revenue and earnings expectations;
- general economic conditions;
- business and regulatory conditions including federal and state regulations;
- changes as the result of government enacted national healthcare reform;
- availability and cost of qualified physical and occupational therapists;
- personnel productivity;
- competitive, economic or reimbursement conditions in our markets which may require us to reorganize or close certain clinics and thereby incur losses and/or closure costs including the possible write-down or write-off of goodwill and other intangible assets;
- changes in reimbursement rates or payment methods from third party payors including government agencies and deductibles and co-pays owed by patients;
- maintaining adequate internal controls;
- availability, terms, and use of capital;
- acquisitions, purchase of non controlling interests (minority interests) and the successful integration of the operations of the acquired businesses; and
- weather and other seasonal factors.
Many factors are beyond our control. Given these uncertainties, you should not place undue reliance on our forward-looking statements. Please see our periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") for more information on these factors. Our forward-looking statements represent our estimates and assumptions only as of the date of this press release. Except as required by law, we are under no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, regardless of the reason the statement is no longer accurate.