Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDRA) today reported its financial results and highlights for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
"During the first half of 2012, we have continued to advance the development of lead candidates in our autoimmune disease program. We anticipate that the interim data from our ongoing Phase 2 study of IMO-3100 in patients with psoriasis will be available by the end of 2012. The Phase 2 study is designed to help us validate the scientific rationale of antagonizing specific Toll-like Receptors for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. We are also on target to submit an Investigational New Drug application for IMO-8400 for the treatment of lupus as a first indication in the fourth quarter of 2012," said Sudhir Agrawal, D.Phil., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "In addition, we continue to support our collaboration with Merck in the area of TLR agonists as vaccine adjuvants for cancer, infectious diseases and Alzheimer's disease."
As of June 30, 2012, cash and cash equivalents totaled $13.2 million compared to $24.6 million at December 31, 2011.Second Quarter Results Net loss applicable to common stockholders for the three months ended June 30, 2012, was $4.0 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, compared to a net loss applicable to common stockholders of $6.3 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, for the same period in 2011. For the six-month period, the Company's net loss applicable to common stockholders was $11.1 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, compared to a net loss applicable to common stockholders of $13.1 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, for the same period in 2011. Research and development expenses for the three months ended June 30, 2012, totaled $3.5 million compared to $4.1 million for the same period in 2011. For the six-month period, R&D expenses totaled $7.3 million compared to $8.7 million for the same period in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV