Genie Energy Ltd., (NYSE: GNE) reported a second quarter 2012 net loss of $3.3 million ($0.15 loss per diluted share) for the three month period ended June 30, 2012.
- IDT Energy added 20,000 net new meters during 2Q12
- Revenues of $42.8 million - a 10.6% increase compared to 2Q11
- Gross profit of $11.6 million – an 18.7% increase compared to 2Q11
- SG&A expenses of $13.0 million - a 54.2% increase compared to 2Q11 reflecting significant additional gross customer acquisition costs
- Loss from operations of $5.0 million – compared to an operating loss of $2.6 million in 2Q11
- Loss per diluted share of $0.15 - compared to a loss of $0.11 in 2Q11
- Net cash provided by operating activities of $0.1 million – compared to $5.4 million in 2Q11
Claude Pupkin, Genie Energy’s CEO, said, “Genie’s retail energy provider business, IDT Energy, continued to rapidly expand its customer base. At Genie Oil and Gas, the AMSO pilot test has been delayed to improve the expected reliability of the underground heater by addressing issues identified in the commissioning process earlier this year.”Geoff Rochwarger, Vice Chairman of Genie Energy and CEO of IDT Energy, said, “The second quarter is a shoulder period between the peak heating and cooling seasons and typically generates our lowest revenues and profits of the year. Nevertheless, IDT Energy continued to benefit from our growing customer base with increased revenue and gross profit compared to the year ago quarter. We also again invested heavily in customer acquisitions - adding 20,000 net new meters. Following the close of the quarter, we began operations in our fourth state, Maryland.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV