NEW DELHI, India, August 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Infosys, a global leader in consulting and technology, today announced that it has been selected by the Department of Post, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India for a mission critical program that will enhance India Post's financial services across 150,000 post offices in the country. This is part of the 'India Post 2012' modernization program that aims at bringing transparency, agility, flexibility and scalability to India Post's operations.
Under the agreement, Infosys and India Post will embark on a transformational initiative, which encompasses Financial Services System Integration. This project, estimated at INR 700 crores, aims to transform India Post into a technology-enabled and autonomous market leader, by revolutionizing its financial operations and end-user services.
As Financial Services System Integrator, Infosys will implement and manage its flagship Finacle™ Core Banking and McCamish™ Insurance products to help India Post transform its banking and insurance operations - covering more than 200 million banking customers across urban and rural India; including a large base of insurance customers. Infosys will be installing 1,000 ATMs for India Post as part of this program to increase the effectiveness of its delivery channel and will also implement an electronic Content Management system to manage millions of documents generated as part of India Post's financial operations.For the project, Infosys will support India Post in the following areas:
- Complete System Integration including designing, building, supplying, installing and commissioning hardware and software
- Data migration and deployment of the platforms and solutions across all identified post offices
- Supporting multi-year managed services, application support and infrastructure operations
- Training more than 35,000 India Post employees across the country on the usage and deployment of the new platform and solutions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts