TAIPEI, Taiwan, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- GigaMedia Limited (NASDAQ: GIGM) announced today new growth initiatives for its online games business and unveiled GigaCloud, a new cloud computing business.
Online Games Business
Management is extending GigaMedia's online games platform to Web-based/mobile "light" games, with focus on growing revenue organically and through partnerships and acquisitions in emerging markets.
Currently, GigaMedia operates primarily PC-based casual and "heavy" MMO games in Taiwan and Hong Kong through its wholly-owned subsidiary FunTown.The company's plans capitalize on the strong global growth of Web-based/mobile games, particularly in Asia. Plans to scale Giga's online games business follow initiatives executed in the first and second quarters of 2012 to improve margins by simplifying operations, lowering operating costs and driving productivity. Cloud Computing Business GigaMedia also announced today development of a new cloud computing business - GigaCloud. GigaCloud provides a unique, integrated platform of critical services and tools for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) enabling SMEs to increase flexibility, efficiency and competitiveness. The business leverages strategic partnerships with a consortium of technology leaders, including Taiwan's telecom leader Far EasTone and global computer hardware and electronics leader Asus, and allows SMEs to outsource key IT needs. GigaCloud's unique, integrated service will initially include the following:
- office software tools for mobile business flexibility and productivity;
- cloud-based phone services that lower telecom costs and increase quality and flexibility;
- cloud faxing; and
- hardware and storage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV