TAIPEI, Taiwan, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- GigaMedia Limited (NASDAQ: GIGM) announced today new growth initiatives for its online games business and unveiled GigaCloud, a new cloud computing business.
Online Games Business
Management is extending GigaMedia's online games platform to Web-based/mobile "light" games, with focus on growing revenue organically and through partnerships and acquisitions in emerging markets.
Currently, GigaMedia operates primarily PC-based casual and "heavy" MMO games in Taiwan and Hong Kong through its wholly-owned subsidiary FunTown.The company's plans capitalize on the strong global growth of Web-based/mobile games, particularly in Asia. Plans to scale Giga's online games business follow initiatives executed in the first and second quarters of 2012 to improve margins by simplifying operations, lowering operating costs and driving productivity. Cloud Computing Business GigaMedia also announced today development of a new cloud computing business - GigaCloud. GigaCloud provides a unique, integrated platform of critical services and tools for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) enabling SMEs to increase flexibility, efficiency and competitiveness. The business leverages strategic partnerships with a consortium of technology leaders, including Taiwan's telecom leader Far EasTone and global computer hardware and electronics leader Asus, and allows SMEs to outsource key IT needs. GigaCloud's unique, integrated service will initially include the following:
- office software tools for mobile business flexibility and productivity;
- cloud-based phone services that lower telecom costs and increase quality and flexibility;
- cloud faxing; and
- hardware and storage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV