During the course of this call we may reference historical non-GAAP financial measures to provide a greater understanding of our business or financial results. Management at times may review certain non-GAAP financial information and metrics in evaluating the company’s historical and projected financial performance, and believe it may assist investors in assessing it’s ongoing operations.
The presentation of this additional information is not meant to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for or superior to measures of financial performance prepared in accordance with GAAP. Please be advised we may or may not update these metrics in future calls. Our press release announcing the second quarter 2012 results was issued a few hours ago.
The audio of this investor call is also being webcast live on the web at www.ebix.com/webcast. You can also look at Ebix’s financials beyond what has been provided in the release, on our website, www.ebix.com. The audio and text transcript of this call will be available also on the Investor homepage after 3 pm today.
We reported today significant revenue and strong cash flow growth for the second quarter, following Ebix’ strong performance in 2011. Bob and I will talk about the company from a financial perspective, and Robin will address the business in the quarter, and our recent acquisitions and our contract pipeline.Revenue in Q2 increased by 13% from a year ago to $47.7 million. There were several drivers of revenue growth in Q2, most notably our exchange business in Q2 of 2012 grew 18.5% over Q2 of 2011 to become 80% of our total revenue this quarter, compared to 76% in Q2 of 2011.The Broker channel decreased revenue by 8% and our BPO channel was up 4%. This is the first increase in our year-over-year BPO revenue since 1Q 2011. Sequentially, carrier system revenue was up 43% over 1Q 2012. The Carrier Channel was down 17% as compared to a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV