During today's call, we will make forward-looking statements that are subject to various risks and uncertainties that are described in our 2011 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, as well as on today's press release. Please see those documents for additional information regarding those factors that may impact these forward-looking statements.
To enhance this call, we have also posted a set of PowerPoint slides, which we will reference during this call on the Events and Presentations page of our investor relations website. In the same location, we have posted a supplemental data sheet detailing some of our historical metrics.
On Slide 2 of our PowerPoint presentation, you will find our Safe Harbor statement. Our prepared remarks will run approximately 25 minutes and then we will take questions.
With that, I'd like to turn the call over to Tom Werner, CEO of SunPower, who will begin on Slide 3. Tom?Thomas H. Werner Thanks, Bob, and thank you for joining us today. On today's call, we will update you on our Q2 operational highlights and strategic position, review our second quarter financials and provide our outlook for the balance of the year. I'll start by commenting on the current PV industry context and why we believe that our strategy will allow SunPower to be a long-term winner. We focus on 4 key strategies. Please turn to Slide 4. First, a unique, differentiated global go-to-market strategy. SunPower has strong downstream channels in both the rooftop and power plant segments in key global markets. This allows us to capture downstream value during the current period of abundant upstream product supply. Second, technology leadership in both panels and systems. SunPower has consistently demonstrated that our product differentiation around superior performance and reliability allows us to earn a meaningful price premium, while offering a compelling levelized cost of energy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV