AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NIWeek – The 11 th annual National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) Graphical System Design Achievement Awards last night honored engineers, scientists and researchers for developing solutions that address critical challenges. The award ceremony, held during the annual NIWeek conference and exhibition, recognized the following winning applications.
- Advanced Control Systems: Building a Nanomeasuring Machine Using NI LabVIEW and NI PXI, Ilmenau University of Technology
- Advanced Research and Editor's Choice Award: Developing an EMI Desktop Evaluation System Using a New Measurement Technique, PERITEC Inc.
- Automated Test: Using LabVIEW, NI TestStand and PXI to Test a Medical Glucose Meter and Insulin Delivery System Within a Regulated Manufacturing Environment, Advanced Instrument Technologies and TestPro Systems
- Education and NI Community's Choice Award: Creating a Real-Time Simulator for Power Quality Signals, University of the Andes
- Energy: Bringing Mobile Phone Coverage to Rural Areas With a Green, Off-Grid Energy Solution, Diverse Energy Ltd.
- Life Sciences, Application of the Year and Humanitarian Awards: Controlling a Heart Simulator With CompactRIO and LabVIEW, University of Leeds
- Structural and Physical Test and Monitoring: University of Nevada Researchers Use LabVIEW, PXI and NI CompactRIO to Measure the Effects of Earthquakes on Bridges, University of Nevada, Reno
- Transportation: Siemens Uses CompactRIO, LabVIEW, and NI DIAdem to Determine the Root-Cause of Damaging High-Voltage Transients, Siemens
- Green Engineering Award: Automated Dynamometer Testing of an Advanced In-Wheel Electric Drive System for Electric Vehicles, Protean Electric Ltd.
- Multicore Award presented by Intel: Using NI PXI Modular Instruments and LabVIEW to Build UHF RFID Development Platforms, University of the Philippines, Diliman
- NI LabVIEW FPGA Innovation Award presented by Xilinx: Developing a Fracturing Pump Controller Using LabVIEW, NI Compact FieldPoint and CompactRIO, Data Science Automation
Quote"Over the past five years, the Graphical System Design Achievement Awards has become more than an awards ceremony; it's a forum for those who are changing the world," said Dave Wilson, director of academic and training and certification marketing for NI. "NI helps engineers and scientists find solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, ranging from improving medical device development to bringing mobile phone coverage to rural areas, and we want to take the time to honor them."
Learn more about the 2012 NI Graphical System Design Achievement Awards at ni.com/gsdawards .About National InstrumentsSince 1976, National Instruments ( www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders. CompactRIO, FieldPoint, LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI, NIWeek and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other products and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies. Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126 SOURCE National Instruments
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.