Atmos Energy Corporation (NYSE: ATO) today reported consolidated results for its fiscal 2012 third quarter and nine months ended June 30, 2012.
- Fiscal 2012 third quarter consolidated results, excluding net unrealized margins, were $29.3 million, or $0.32 per diluted share, compared with a loss of $0.7 million, or ($0.01) per diluted share in the prior-year quarter.
- After including noncash, unrealized net gains of $1.8 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, fiscal 2012 third quarter net income was $31.1 million, or $0.34 per diluted share. Net loss was $0.6 million, or ($0.01) per diluted share in the prior-year quarter, after including unrealized net gains of $0.1 million or $0.00 per diluted share.
- The fiscal 2011 third quarter net loss included a noncash charge of $6.1 million, or ($0.06) per diluted share, to impair certain natural gas gathering assets.
- For the three months ended June 30, 2012, regulated operations contributed $18.3 million, or $0.20 per diluted share, compared with $3.3 million of net income, or $0.03 per diluted share in the prior-year quarter.
- Nonregulated operations contributed net income of $12.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $3.9 million, or ($0.04) per diluted share for the same three-month period last year.
For the nine months ended June 30, 2012, consolidated net income was $208.8 million, or $2.28 per diluted share, compared with net income of $205.6 million, or $2.25 per diluted share for the same period last year. Net income for the prior-year period included the positive impact of several one-time items totaling $6.5 million, or $0.07 per diluted share. Results from nonregulated operations include noncash, unrealized net gains of $7.1 million, or $0.08 per diluted share for the nine months ended June 30, 2012, compared with net losses of $1.4 million, or ($0.02) per diluted share for the prior-year period. For the current nine-month period, regulated operations contributed $198.5 million of net income, or $2.17 per diluted share, and nonregulated operations contributed $10.3 million of net income, or $0.11 per diluted share. For the current nine-month period, net income from regulated operations includes $6.9 million, or $0.07 per diluted share from discontinued operations, compared with $7.9 million, or $0.09 per diluted share for the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV