PG&E (PCG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, PG&E fell 65 cents (-1.4%) to $45.13 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.88-$46.02 after having opened the day at $45.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.78. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Suburban Propane Partners (SPH), down 6.4%, Delta Natural Gas Company (DGAS), down 5.5%, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation (CLNE), down 4%, and Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT), down 3.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PCG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV