Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hartford Financial Services Group fell 9 cents (-0.5%) to $17.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.9 million shares of Hartford Financial Services Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.03-$17.24 after having opened the day at $17.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.16. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Phoenix Companies (PNX), down 3.9%, Radian Group (RDN), down 3.3%, MBIA (MBI), down 3.2%, and Enstar Group (ESGR), down 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Hartford Financial Services Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HIG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV