BioScrip, Inc. (NASDAQ: BIOS) today announced 2012 second quarter financial results. Second quarter revenue, from continuing operations, was $155.9 million and net loss, from continuing operations, was $4.3 million, or $0.07 per diluted share. Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter was $9.0 million.
As a result of the sale of the Company’s traditional and specialty pharmacy mail operations and community retail pharmacy stores on May 4, 2012 (the “Pharmacy Services Asset Sale”), the Company’s financial statements reflect the discontinued operations’ results for the three months ended June 30, 2012 and 2011 and assets transferred in the transaction as of June 30, 2012 and December 31, 2011, separate from the continuing operations of the business. The remaining assets and liabilities of the divested business that were not transferred as a part of the Pharmacy Services Asset Sale are included in continuing operations. The Company anticipates the collection, payment or resolution of these balances during the remainder of the year.
During the first quarter of 2012, the Company changed its operating and reportable segments from “Infusion/Home Health Services” and “Pharmacy Services” to its new operating and reportable segments: “Infusion Services,” “Home Health Services,” and “PBM Services.” As a result, prior period financial statements and related disclosures have been reclassified to conform to the current year presentation, and we have included the quarterly financial statements for 2011 as part of this release.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Revenue from continuing operations increased $24.3 million or 18.5% compared to prior year;
- Gross profit from continuing operations was $53.0 million or 34.0% of revenue, compared to $51.8 million or 39.4% of revenue in the prior year;
- Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations was $9.0 million, compared to $11.5 million in the prior year and $8.4 million in the first quarter, a 7.5% sequential quarter improvement; and
- The Company completed the Pharmacy Services Asset Sale.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV