BioScrip, Inc. (NASDAQ: BIOS) today announced 2012 second quarter financial results. Second quarter revenue, from continuing operations, was $155.9 million and net loss, from continuing operations, was $4.3 million, or $0.07 per diluted share. Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter was $9.0 million.
As a result of the sale of the Company’s traditional and specialty pharmacy mail operations and community retail pharmacy stores on May 4, 2012 (the “Pharmacy Services Asset Sale”), the Company’s financial statements reflect the discontinued operations’ results for the three months ended June 30, 2012 and 2011 and assets transferred in the transaction as of June 30, 2012 and December 31, 2011, separate from the continuing operations of the business. The remaining assets and liabilities of the divested business that were not transferred as a part of the Pharmacy Services Asset Sale are included in continuing operations. The Company anticipates the collection, payment or resolution of these balances during the remainder of the year.
During the first quarter of 2012, the Company changed its operating and reportable segments from “Infusion/Home Health Services” and “Pharmacy Services” to its new operating and reportable segments: “Infusion Services,” “Home Health Services,” and “PBM Services.” As a result, prior period financial statements and related disclosures have been reclassified to conform to the current year presentation, and we have included the quarterly financial statements for 2011 as part of this release.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Revenue from continuing operations increased $24.3 million or 18.5% compared to prior year;
- Gross profit from continuing operations was $53.0 million or 34.0% of revenue, compared to $51.8 million or 39.4% of revenue in the prior year;
- Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations was $9.0 million, compared to $11.5 million in the prior year and $8.4 million in the first quarter, a 7.5% sequential quarter improvement; and
- The Company completed the Pharmacy Services Asset Sale.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts