D&B (NYSE: DNB), the world's leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, today reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
“Our second quarter results were in line with our expectations and we are on track to meet our full year guidance. Cautious customer spending impacted North America during the first half of the year, while International results were solid. Through better traction from new products and improved execution on our core business, we expect North America’s growth trajectory to gradually improve in the back half of the year and accelerate into 2013,” stated Sara Mathew, D&B’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Second Quarter 2012 Results
Diluted earnings per share before non-core gains and charges for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 were $1.50, up 11% from $1.35 in the prior year similar period.On a GAAP basis, diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 were $1.20, up 2% from $1.18 in the prior year similar period. See attached Schedule 3 for a reconciliation of diluted earnings per share before non-core gains and charges to earnings per share on a GAAP basis, as well as the definitions of the non-GAAP financial measures that the Company uses to evaluate the business. Core revenue for the second quarter of 2012 was $383.9 million, flat before the effect of foreign exchange, compared to the prior year similar period (down 1% after the effect of foreign exchange). Core revenue results for the second quarter of 2012 reflect the following by solution set:
- Risk Management Solutions revenue of $256.9 million, down 2% before the effect of foreign exchange (down 3% after the effect of foreign exchange), as compared to the prior year similar period;
- Sales & Marketing Solutions revenue of $97.4 million, up 5% before the effect of foreign exchange (up 4% after the effect of foreign exchange), as compared to the prior year similar period; and
- Internet Solutions revenue of $29.6 million, up 1% both before and after the effect of foreign exchange, as compared to the prior year similar period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV