Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality application specific standard products within the broad discrete, logic and analog semiconductor markets, today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Revenue was $159.2 million, an increase of 10.0 percent from the $144.7 million in the first quarter 2012, and a decrease of 6.2 percent from the record quarterly revenue of $169.8 million in the second quarter 2011;
- Gross profit was $41.0 million, compared to $33.7 million in the first quarter 2012 and $55.6 million in the second quarter 2011;
- Gross profit margin was 25.8 percent, compared to 23.3 percent in the first quarter 2012, and 32.8 percent in the second quarter 2011;
- GAAP net income was $6.7 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, compared to first quarter 2012 of $4.9 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, and second quarter 2011 of $18.0 million, or $0.38 per diluted share;
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income was $6.4 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, compared to first quarter 2012 of $4.1 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, and second quarter 2011 of $20.1 million, or $0.43 per diluted share;
- Excluding $2.3 million of share-based compensation expense, both GAAP and non-GAAP adjusted net income would have increased by $0.05 per diluted share; and
- Achieved $16.8 million cash flow from operations, negative ($8.4) million net cash flow due mainly to the $9.5 million pay down of a line of credit, and $4.5 million free cash flow, including $12.3 million in capital expenditures.
Commenting on the results, Dr. Keh-Shew Lu, President and Chief Executive Officer of Diodes Incorporated, stated, “I am pleased to report 10 percent sequential revenue growth driven by improved demand across all of our geographies and end markets as we continued to gain market share. The quarter benefited from the ramping of new projects for our products used in smartphones and tablets, where Diodes is very well positioned. Our growth is particularly noteworthy considering our stronger than seasonal results last quarter, which was the low point in the demand cycle. Margins also improved in the quarter as we began to slowly shift to higher margin products, while also benefiting from new product initiatives and manufacturing efficiency improvements.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts