Inter Parfums, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IPAR) today reported record results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Compared to Second Quarter 2011:
- Net sales increased 20% to $145.6 million from $121.1 million; at comparable foreign currency exchange rates, net sales rose 29% for the period;
- European-based operations generated sales of $125.6 million, up 18% from $106.5 million;
- Sales by U.S.-based operations were $20.0 million, up 37% from $14.6 million;
- Gross margin was 60.8% compared to 61.6%;
- S, G & A expense as a percentage of sales was 52.1% compared to 52.6%;
- Operating margins were 8.7% of net sales compared to 9% of net sales;
- Net income attributable to Inter Parfums, Inc. rose 20% to $6.0 million compared to $5.0 million; and,
- Basic and diluted earnings per share were $0.20 or 25% ahead of 2011’s $0.16.
Through the first half of 2012, net sales were $310.9 million or 22% ahead of $254.4 million in the first half of 2011. At comparable foreign currency exchange rates, net sales rose approximately 27%. Net income attributable to Inter Parfums, Inc. increased 21% to $21.5 million or $0.70 per basic and diluted share compared to $17.8 million or $0.58 per basic and diluted share.
Russell Greenberg, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Inter Parfums pointed out, “With strong performances across our prestige brand portfolio, we achieved an 18% increase in European-based sales. U.S.-based operations achieved 37% sales growth, with the inclusion of Anna Sui fragrance sales since the start of the year accounting for much of that gain. The strength of the U.S. dollar also had a significant effect on reported sales as the dollar/euro exchange rate for the three months ended June 30, 2012 was 1.28 compared to 1.44 for the corresponding period of 2011.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV