The strong balanced growth we achieved in the U.S. during the second quarter is evidence we are successfully executing on our dual strategy, penetrating more households to create a larger user base and generating increased activity among existing users.
Western Europe posted solid gains with second quarter revenue up 25% or 17% excluding the benefit from the convergence to direct distribution in the Nordics which occurred in the first quarter of 2012. We continue to experience healthy demand in our established markets led by Germany and the Nordics. The fact that these large established markets are helping drive growth in our oldest region is further validation of our brand and products and underscores the sustainability of our business model.
In newer markets like France and the UK growth is coming from both soda makers and consumables as we’re penetrating more household and generate more user activity much as we are doing in the U.S. We did experience softness in Italy during the second quarter; our distributor who manages a range of products besides SodaStream is experiencing some difficulties.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV