Celadon Trucking Services, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Celadon Group, Inc. (NYSE:CGI) announced today that it has agreed to purchase a portion of the operating equipment of USA Dry Van Logistics, LLC, based in McAllen, TX. The terms and conditions of the transaction were not disclosed. Celadon’s approach is to increase its density in its primary traffic lanes between the US and Mexico and reinforce its driver pool. USA Dry Van is a significant provider of cross border shipments of goods between Mexico and the United States, which enables Celadon to fulfill one of its primary goals of increasing its freight volumes and lane density in its primary freight lanes.
“USA Dry Van is a leading truckload carrier with respect to cross-border shipments between the US and Mexico,” stated Paul Will, President and COO. “Their footprint has tremendous potential to supplement the existing cross-border expertise for which Celadon is known and further accelerates our overall growth plans. Our companies also share a very similar, overlapping customer account base. As we have stated with previous acquisitions, we expect to assimilate many of these customers, as well as a portion of the USA Dry Van driver pool, within our operations efficiently and further improve asset productivity. We believe we can enhance the service to many of USA Dry Van’s former customers through upgraded equipment, advanced technology, additional assets available for dispatch, and an industry leading safety record."
Celadon Group Inc. (
through its subsidiaries, provides long-haul and regional full-truckload
freight service across the United States, Canada and Mexico. The company
also owns Celadon Logistics Services, which provides freight brokerage
services, less-than-truckload services, as well as supply chain
management solutions, including warehousing and dedicated fleet services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV