Verisk Analytics (VRSK) is a provider of information about risk to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, supply chain, and risk management. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $49.35 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 928,000Average Volume: 781,588 Volume % Change: 53% From a technical perspective, VRSK is soaring higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $48.72 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing VRSK within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once VRSK takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $50.96 to $51 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VRSK as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above $50.96 to $51 with volume that's near or above 781,588 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for VRSK to trade up towards $55 to $60. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV