Rosetta Resources (ROSE) is an independent exploration and production company engaged in the acquisition and development of onshore energy resources in the U.S. This stock is trading up 4% at $43.92 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.3 millionAverage Volume: 1.25 million Volume % Change: 58% From a technical perspective, ROSE is spiking higher here with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing ROSE within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once ROSE takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $43.41 to $43.48, and then once it clears its 200-day moving average of $45.34 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once ROSE sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above its three-month average volume of 1.25 million shares. If we get that breakout soon, then look for ROSE to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $50 to $51.35.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV