Advent Software (ADVS) offers software and services that automate work flows and data across investment management organizations, as well as the information flows between an investment management organization and external parties. This stock is trading up 4% at $23.08 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 255,000Average Volume: 165,728 Volume % Change: 129% From a technical perspective, ADVS is spiking higher here with above average volume. This move is coming after ADVS was recently hammered by the sellers from over $28 to $20.86. That large selloff came with heavy volume, and it pushed ADVS into oversold territory since the stock's relative strength index reading hit below 30. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if ADVS can manage to clear some near-term overhead resistance at $23.50 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $23.50 with volume that's near or above 165,728 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for ADVS to possibly re-test its 200-day moving average of $26.09.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV