Rex Energy (REXX) is an independent oil and gas company operating in the Appalachian Basin and Illinois Basin. In the Appalachian Basin, the company is focused on its Marcellus Shale drilling projects and Utica Shale and Upper Devonian Shale exploration activities. This stock is trading up 6.4% at $13.30 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.7 millionAverage Volume: 992,636 Volume % Change: 208%>>7 Undervalued Oil and Gas Stocks Ripe for Gains From a technical perspective, REXX is bouncing strong here with heavy volume right near some previous support levels at $12.50 to $12. This move has pushed REXX into breakout territory, since the stock has started to move above some near-term overhead resistance at $13.25. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as REXX is trending above $12.80 to $13.25 with high volume. Look for volume that's near or above its three-month average action of 992,636 shares. If REXX can manage to hold its breakout above $13.25, then this stock will have a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $15 to $15.89.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV