Express Scripts (ESRX) provides a range of pharmacy benefit management services in North America. This stock is trading up 8% at $60.60 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 11.5 millionAverage Volume: 5.5 million Volume % Change: 286% From a technical perspective, ESRX is gapping up sharply higher here with monster volume, and it's started to enter breakout territory since the stock has taken out some overhead resistance levels at $59.50 to $58.98. >>5 Pharma Stocks Everyone Hates Traders should now look for long-biased trades once ESRX triggers its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once ESRX takes out its 2011 high of $60.89 with high volume. At last check, ESRX has hit an intraday high of $60.85 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 5,484,210 shares. Traders should look for a sustained move or close above 60.89 with volume that's near or above 5,484,210 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for ESRX to hit $65 to $70 in the near future. As of the most recently reported period, Express Scripts was one of Lee Ainslie's Maverick Capital holdings and also showed up in Third Point's portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV