With that, let me turn it over to Chris Shean to discuss the financials at LINTA.
Thanks, Greg. Liberty Interactive’s revenue increased 5% in the second quarter, while adjusted OIBDA increased 1%. QVC increased total revenue by 4% for the quarter, while adjusted OIBDA increased 5%. Liberty Interactive’s other e-commerce businesses grew revenue at 13%, while adjusted OIBDA decreased 36%. Regarding this decline in adjusted OIBDA, we had some hiccups in the second quarter, with negative impacts occurring at most of our e-commerce businesses. These included some unusual and hopefully nonrecurring items such as legal settlements and a compensation arrangement that we had put in place due to some turnover at one of our e-com subsidiaries. The rest of the decline was due to operating decisions to increase spending and paid search as a percentage of revenue, and to be more promotional to move out seasonal inventory.
Now let’s take a quick look at the liquidity picture. At the end of the quarter, we had cash balances of $790 million and $6.4 billion in debt. QVC’s total debt-to-adjusted-OIBDA ratio, as defined in their credit agreement, was approximately 1.3 times, as compared to a maximum allowable leverage of 3.5 times. Now with that, I’ll hand the call over to Mike George for additional insights on QVC.
Thank you, Chris. We were very pleased with our results in the quarter, with consolidated revenue up 4% and adjusted OIBDA up 5%, despite the difficult economic situation that we face in most of our markets, and every market achieved positive OIBDA growth after adjusting for the one-time cost of our U.K. headquarters transition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV