Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Cramer said Macy's remains a good story. After a few challenging years, the retailer has emerged as one of the most solvent retailers in the country. The company has six months of visibility in its earnings and sports a stock buyback program that's actually making a difference.
What's more, Macy's is a domestic retailer, noted Cramer, which makes it less volatile.Compare that to Ralph Lauren (RL), which reported a more challenging environment. Cramer said Ralph Lauren is a worldwide company that has exposure to Europe and other ailing markets around the globe. "The price points may be wrong," Cramer added, noting that other retailers like Fossil (FOSL) did not see the same weakness as Ralph Lauren. Look for other retailers like PVH Corp (PVH) and VF Corp (VFC) to be under scrutiny when they report next, Cramer concluded. Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV