CARMEL, Ind., Aug. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO) today announced two changes in the executive leadership for its Finance department. Tom Barta has been named Senior Vice President, Finance and Business Development, and Erik Helding has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Treasury & Investor Relations.
Both Mr. Helding and Mr. Barta will report to Fred Crawford, Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Crawford said, "Tom and Erik bring great technical knowledge and experience to these critical functions, as CNO continues to build upon its financial strengths and market focus."
Mr. Barta joined CNO in 2007 as the Senior Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis. In 2010 he took on additional responsibilities for Treasury, Sourcing, and Facilities. Prior to joining CNO, he progressed through multiple finance roles over his 20-year career at Allianz. Mr. Barta earned a BSB degree in Accounting and an MBA in Finance from the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management.Mr. Helding joined CNO in 2004 as Assistant Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis for Bankers Life & Casualty Company, after serving the previous 10 years in similar roles for GE's Employers Reinsurance Corporation and CNA Insurance. In 2008 he was promoted to Vice President and assumed enterprise-wide responsibility for financial planning & analysis. He earned both his BA in Finance and his MBA from the University of Illinois. About CNOCNO is a holding company. Our insurance subsidiaries – principally Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Washington National Insurance Company and Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company – serve pre-retiree and retired Americans by helping them protect against financial adversity and provide for a more secure retirement. For more information, visit CNO online at www.CNOinc.com. SOURCE CNO Financial Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV