In addition, Abraxas announced that it has closed on a transaction with a large independent to acquire their interests in jointly owned properties in Ward County, West Texas for $7.2 million less closing adjustments. The transaction adds approximately 240 barrels of oil equivalent production per day and proved developed producing reserves of approximately 1.2 million barrels of oil equivalent. Production and reserves are approximately 95 percent natural gas. Net acres acquired are approximately 2,345.
“While relatively small and natural gas, this transaction is very strategic for Abraxas as we will now own the biggest interest in all the wells and be the operator with our existing staff out of Pyote, Texas. We only paid for the PDP reserves, which have a very long life, and at a very low price deck. These properties have a significant and identified upside and by melding operations we should see a significant reduction in operating costs,” commented Bob Watson.
Abraxas Petroleum Corporation is a San Antonio based crude oil and
natural gas exploration and production company with operations across
the Rocky Mountain, Mid-Continent, Permian Basin and Gulf Coast regions
of the United States and in the province of Alberta, Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV