NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) is tomorrow, August 9, 2012. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of $2.65 per share. At a price of $619.18 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 1.7%. The average volume for Apple has been 15.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Apple has a market cap of $583.58 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. Shares are up 53.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Apple Inc., together with subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, mobile communication devices, and portable digital music and video players, as well as sells various related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.6, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about AAPL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV