- Provides Immediate Cash Flow
- Silver Wheaton will receive 100% of the silver production from Hudbay's currently producing flagship mine, 777, and will also receive 100% of the gold production until the later of the completion of Constancia or the end of 2016, at which point Silver Wheaton will receive 50% of the gold production from 777 for the remainder of the mine life;
- Average annual attributable production from 777 is anticipated to be approximately 4.2 million silver equivalent ounces, including 0.82 million ounces of silver and 68,000 ounces of gold [ 1 ], until the end of 2016;
- Silver Wheaton's total forecast 2012 silver equivalent production increases from 27 million ounces to approximately 28 million ounces, including 42,000 ounces of gold [ 1 ].
- Significantly Increases Long Term Growth Profile
- Combined, 777 and Constancia will increase Silver Wheaton's average annual silver equivalent production by approximately 4.9 million ounces [ 1 ];
- Silver Wheaton's total forecast 2016 silver equivalent production increases from 43 million ounces to approximately 48 million ounces (including 100,000 ounces of gold [ 2 ]), an increase of 90% from 2011.
- Further diversifies Silver Wheaton's portfolio of low-cost and long-life mines with exciting exploration upside
- Staged upfront payments relating to the construction of Constancia aligns Silver Wheaton with Hudbay's capital spending schedule
- Initial payment of US$500 million to come from Silver Wheaton's existing cash balance of US$997 million at the end of the first quarter of 2012.
Silver Wheaton Acquires Life Of Mine Precious Metals Streams From Hudbay's 777 Mine And Constancia Project
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts