To support the current and projected industrial growth in the U.S. Southeast region, Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX) broke ground on its new air separation unit in Memphis, Tennessee. With a capacity of 600 tons per day, the new plant is scheduled to start up in the second quarter 2013.
Praxair currently operates three air separation units in the Memphis area which supply a number of customers including Nucor Corporation, Valero Energy Corporation and a growing number of liquid-product customers. Praxair recently started up a plant and commissioned a pipeline capable of serving multiple customers in the Riverport area.
“Praxair’s new plant will further strengthen Praxair’s supply position in the greater Southeast region, allowing us to meet future demand from companies attracted to the area’s business-friendly environment,” said Kevin Foti, East Region vice president for Praxair’s U.S. industrial gases business. “As the only fully integrated gas supplier in the U.S., our ability to deliver everything from cylinder gases for welding or research to bulk and on-site gases for manufacturing is a plus for companies in the Southeast,” he added.
Praxair, Inc. is the largest industrial gases company in North and South
America, and one of the largest worldwide, with 2011 sales of $11
billion. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric,
process and specialty gases and high-performance surface coatings.
Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more
productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide
variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, electronics,
energy, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and others.
More information on Praxair is available on the Internet at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV