DUBLIN, Ohio, Aug. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its continuing commitment to supporting future pharmacists, Cardinal Health today announced that eight pharmacy schools across the country will receive nearly $1 million in funding through the Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program.
The company has donated more than $2.1 million to 20 universities through the Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program since its launch in June of 2011. Participating universities have received scholarship funding ranging from $50,000 to $125,000.
The eight pharmacy schools that were selected to participate in the Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program in 2012 were selected because of their commitment to advancing the independent pharmacy profession. These schools offer curricula focused on operating an independent pharmacy; support student-run chapters of the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA); endorse internship and co-op programs with local independent retail pharmacies and demonstrate high post-graduate placement rates in community pharmacy settings.
"Cardinal Health serves more than 7,000 independently owned retail pharmacies across the United States, and we're committed to supporting the continued growth of community pharmacy," said Mike Kaufmann, chief executive officer of Cardinal Health's Pharmaceutical segment. "We passionately believe in the essential role that community pharmacists play in making sure patients have convenient access to high quality, personalized healthcare and we're proud to partner with these universities in developing tomorrow's pharmacy leaders."The eight schools that received pharmacy scholarship funding from Cardinal Health in 2012 include:
- The Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy ( Birmingham, Ala.)
- University of Florida College of Pharmacy ( Gainesville, Fla.)
- University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy ( Storrs, Conn.)
- Western University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy ( Pomona, Calif.)
- University of Southern California School of Pharmacy ( Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Southwest Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy ( Weatherford, Okla.)
- Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences ( Indianapolis, Ind.)
- East Tennessee State University's Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy ( Johnson City, Tenn.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV