- With the newest release of its NetVault Backup plug-in for SnapMirror-to-Tape, Quest Software is the first vendor to exploit NetApp’s block-level incremental backup functionality for SnapMirror, enabling users to perform incremental backups of selected volumes or snapshots and store them on tape.
- With NetVault Backup, NetApp customers now only need to back up the block-level changes since their last full or incremental backup. As a result, backups are much faster and consume considerably less storage space.
- This new capability enhances Quest’s already robust support for NetApp storage arrays. NetVault Backup supports the full range of NetApp technologies, including SnapVault Manager, Snapshot Manager and SnapMirror.
- NetVault Backup is tightly integrated with NetApp technologies, centralizing management of all data protection tasks into one easy-to-use interface. This reduces the complexity of managing snapshot lifecycle’s on multiple filers, SnapVault relationships and SnapMirror operations for disaster recovery.
- Working in conjunction with NetApp’s SnapMirror technology, NetVault Backup enables volumes to be mirrored and efficiently backed up to tape, freeing up valuable disk space, and making it easy to send data offsite for long term data retention and disaster recovery purposes.
- NetVault Backup supports block-level incremental backups for SnapMirror on NetApp storage platforms running NetApp Data ONTAP 8.1.1 and later.
Quest Software Delivers Enhanced Support For NetApp With NetVault Backup
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts