Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE: CCC) reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
The company reported net sales of $148.4 million for the second quarter of 2012, a $13.1 million, or 9.7% increase over the second quarter of 2011. Currency exchange had a $3.1 million negative effect on sales for the second quarter of 2012 due to the stronger dollar.
Net income for the second quarter of 2012 was $10.9 million versus $11.3 million for the comparable period of 2011. Net income for the second quarter of 2011 included a $1.3 million reduction in the estimate to complete a remediation project at one of the company’s production facilities. On a fully diluted basis, net income per common share for the second quarter of 2012 was $0.19 as compared to $0.20 for the second quarter of 2011.
For the second quarter of 2012, sales for the Activated Carbon and Service segment increased 4.0%, as compared to the second quarter of 2011. The increase was primarily due to higher demand for certain activated carbon and service products in the potable water market and higher pricing on activated carbon products for the metals recovery market.Equipment sales for the second quarter of 2012 increased 70.3% versus the comparable period in 2011, primarily due to higher revenue recognition from ballast water treatment systems. For the second quarter of 2012, Consumer sales were comparable to the second quarter of 2011. For the second quarter of 2012, net sales less the cost of products sold as a percentage of net sales was 31.0% versus 32.8% for the second quarter of 2011. The decline resulted primarily from higher coal and plant maintenance costs. Results for the second quarter of 2011 included a $1.3 million charge related to a discontinued product line in the company’s Consumer segment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV