International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF), a leading global creator of flavors and fragrances for consumer products, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Results
- Reported revenue for the quarter totaled $721.3 million, an increase of 1% from $715.6 million in the second quarter of 2011. Excluding the impact of foreign currency, local currency sales increased 4%. On a like-for-like basis, which excludes the exit of low-margin sales activities in Flavors, local currency sales increased 5%.
- Net income totaled $88.6 million or $1.08 per diluted share for the second quarter, compared with net income of $76.2 million or $0.93 in the second quarter of 2011.
- Excluding restructuring and other charges, which accounted for $0.04 per share in the second quarter of 2011, adjusted EPS increased 11% to $1.08, up from $0.97 in the second quarter of 2011.
“We are pleased with our performance this quarter,” said Doug Tough, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of IFF. “We delivered solid top-line growth and even stronger double-digit EPS growth, despite the challenges presented by the ongoing difficulties in Western Europe and volume declines in Fragrance Ingredients. Our performance against this backdrop underscores the strength and diversity of our portfolio and geographic reach, as well as our ability to drive manufacturing efficiencies and control operating costs. As expected, increases in raw material costs are beginning to moderate and price realization has improved, resulting in margin expansion and operating profit growth.”“IFF’s growth this quarter was driven by our Flavors business, which achieved high single-digit local currency growth in every region and 8% growth overall, on top of 8% growth in the prior year, reflecting the balanced and consistent nature of this business. Our Fragrances Compounds business increased by 6% overall, led by strong growth in Latin America and Greater Asia, which offset continued softness in Ingredients.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV