Second Quarter and First Half Results
Total revenues were $4.5 million and $3.5 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012 and 2011, respectively, an increase of 28%. For the six months ended June 30, 2012, the Company’s total revenue increased to $11.4 million, or 60%, from $7.1 million in the first six months of 2011. Product sales were $3.2 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $2.2 million in 2011, an increase of 45%. For the six months ended June 30, 2012, product sales increased 57% to $5.7 million compared to $3.6 million in the prior year. The product sales increases were primarily due to sales of our oxybutynin gel 3% product to Watson in connection with Watson’s launch of Gelnique 3% in April 2012.
Development revenues were $0.7 million in each of the three month periods ended June 30, 2012 and 2011. For the six months ended June 30, 2012, the Company’s development revenue increased to $3.7 million from $1.8 million in the first six months of 2011. The revenue in the first half of 2012 was primarily due to revenue recognized in connection with our license agreement with Watson along with development revenue from Teva, while the development revenue in the first half of 2011 consisted primarily of auto injector and pen injector development work for Teva.
Licensing revenues were $0.1 million in each of the three month periods ended June 30, 2012 and 2011. For the first half of 2012 licensing revenues were $0.7 million compared to $0.5 million in the first half of 2011. Licensing revenue in the first half of 2012 was primarily due to an upfront fee received in connection with our licensing agreement with Daewoong Pharmaceuticals for our 3% oxybutynin gel for South Korea, along with license revenue recognized in connection with our license agreement with Watson. Licensing revenue in the first half of 2011 was primarily related to Teva agreements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV