Liberty Interactive Corporation (“Liberty Interactive”) (Nasdaq: LINTA, LINTB) today reported second quarter results. Highlights include (1):
Grew consolidated QVC revenue by 4% and adjusted OIBDA
- Received government approval and finalized our joint venture in China in July
- Raised $500 million in 10-year senior secured notes with a coupon of 5.125%
- QVC.com revenue as a percent of total US revenue increased to 39%
- Operating income increased 7%
- Holding annual stockholder meeting today to vote on creation of new Liberty Ventures tracking stock
- Repurchased $257 million of Liberty Interactive stock from May 1, 2012 through June 29, 2012, after which we mailed our proxy statement
“QVC continues to produce solid results despite a challenging macroeconomic environment. We were pleased we received government approval in China and finalized our joint venture with China National Radio in July,” stated Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive President and CEO. “We have a stockholder vote later today and expect our new Liberty Ventures tracking stock to begin trading on August 10. We continued our share repurchases reinvesting $257 million.”
Liberty Interactive’s revenue increased 5% to $2.4 billion in the second quarter, adjusted OIBDA increased 1% to $455 million and operating income increased 1% to $290 million. The increase in revenue was due to favorable results at QVC and the eCommerce companies. The increase in adjusted OIBDA and operating income for the quarter was due to favorable results at QVC which were offset by diminished results at the eCommerce companies.
QVCQVC's consolidated revenue increased 4% in the second quarter to $2.0 billion. During the same period, adjusted OIBDA increased 5% to $438 million and operating income increased 7% to $301 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV