NEW YORK, Aug. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LivePerson, Inc. (NASDAQ: LPSN), a provider of real-time engagement solutions that increase conversions and improve customer experience, today announces Virgin Atlantic's successful implementation of the LivePerson Chat solution.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/virgin-atlantic-enhances-customer-experience-with-real-time-proactive-chat-165355506.html
Virgin Atlantic deployed LP Chat to address two main goals: to enable customers to have their questions answered in real-time online, saving them from emailing or calling, and to improve online ticket sales conversion rates and catch website visitors who were dropping off before completing the booking process. Not only did Virgin Atlantic boost booking conversions and improve customer satisfaction, they reduced costs. By moving customer inquiries away from email and directing them to chat, Virgin Atlantic significantly decreased resolution times and reduced the cost per interaction when compared to email and phone channels.
" LP Chat has become a core feature of our customer service program, particularly in crisis situations, allowing us to reach a large number of customers with personalized support," said John Giddings, General Manager, Virgin Atlantic Contact Centers US and UK. "The results we've experienced with LP Chat in terms of conversions have exceeded expectations so much so that we plan to increase the number of agents available via live chat to best service our customers."LivePerson worked with Virgin Atlantic to utilize live chat precisely where it would drive incremental revenue and increase average order values. The sophisticated business rules engine built into LP Chat works intelligently, identifying and prioritizing higher revenue opportunities and determining the proper time to offer real-time help during the booking process to convert sales. The results speak for themselves:
- Improved conversion rates: Customers who chat convert at nearly 3.5 times the rate of those who do not
- Increase in average order value: Customers who chat have an average order value of more than 15% over those who self serve
- Reduced costs: Cost per chat is cheaper than both phone and email, saving on labor costs
- Improved customer experience: Customers' needs are met in real-time, raising Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) scores to over 80%
- Better resource planning: LP Chat has reduced email volume and backlog, allowing customer inquiries to be dealt with at first contact