Wilson Ferreira Jr.
Good morning to all investors and analysts for joining us this morning for our conference call for the second quarter of 2012. I would like to start this presentation on page three of the slide deck you received.
For the second quarter 2012 highlights, the first highlight goes to sales and the concession area, strong sales up 5.3%; we are going to be there on that later. Another important point, commercial startup of two biomass operations, Bio Ipê 25 megawatts; Bio Pedra 70 megawatt, both in May of 2012, but with the acquisition of Ventos Wind Farms in June we are also declaring interim dissidence in the amount of R$640 million referring to a 100% of the results off group in the first half of 2012.
Investment in the quarter amounted to R$715 million, we will give you more on that momentarily. An important observation for our credit rating AA+ positive by Fitch to the issuance of subsidiaries debentures. On the global scale Ba2 credit rating, Aa3.br national scale by Moody’s to CPFL Renováveis and important credit ratings confirming to solidity of the group in both operations.
In addition to that, we have an important 40% increase in the average daily trading volume of our stocks and ADRs, creating almost R$50 million daily. And finally, the Agencia Estado, the Distinction Award for Companies 2012; a recognition to companies that despite an unfavorable international scenario managed to deliver outstanding results to shareholders. These are the main highlights for the second quarter of 2012.Moving on to page four, we’ll get in more details on the highlights. We’ll start with the sales of energy in the concession area. You can see the strong growth in the captive market, up 5% and 6.2% of the consumers those pay the tariff to use the distribution system and that grow 6.2%. So 5.3 % increase (inaudible) gigawatt hour in this quarter in the concession area of our eight distribution companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV