Tyler, Texas Refinery
Total throughputs at the Tyler refinery were 56,729 barrels per day in the second quarter 2012, versus 60,034 barrels per day in the second quarter 2011. Total sales volumes were 58,644 barrels per day in the second quarter 2012, compared to 60,140 barrels per day in the second quarter 2011. The decreases were attributable to a temporary disruption in operations following a power outage on May 7, 2012. The Tyler refinery returned to full operations on May 26 and has processed an average of over 60,000 barrels per day of crude since that time.
Direct operating expense was $31.3 million in the second quarter 2012, versus $30.6 million in the second quarter 2011. This increase was due to the maintenance costs related to the previously mentioned temporary disruption in operations.
Tyler's refining margin, excluding intercompany product marketing fees, was $20.87 per barrel sold in the second quarter 2012, compared to $21.26 per barrel sold for the same quarter last year.El Dorado, Arkansas Refinery Total throughputs at the El Dorado refinery were 70,368 barrels per day in the second quarter 2012. Total sales volumes were 83,254 barrels per day, including 9,999 barrels per day of finished product buy/sell activities. Delek has operated the refinery at more than 70,000 barrels per day of throughput during the quarter despite the temporary suspension of crude oil deliveries from a supplier's pipeline, which has caused reduced throughput rates since May 1, 2012. The Company was able to do so through the combination of processing 3,868 barrels per day of intermediate products from Tyler, sourcing additional local crude oil and the introduction of crude supplied by rail. Direct operating expense was $28.2 million in the second quarter 2012, compared to $19.1 million during the 63 days we operated in the second quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV